[GRASS5] Commit sql parser patch, please

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Jul 2 15:57:29 EDT 2005

On Fri, July 1, 2005 20:00, Daniel Calvelo Aros said:
> For v.db.update use, I thought about bypassing the limitation by calculating
> output values from the expression and then do a (large) number of SETs, but
> that is very awkward.

I thought about this solution as well, but I think it would be more helpful to
fix the driver or go the sqlite route...

> Another possibility is to dump the dbf into sqlite, perform advanced sql stuff
> there and dump back to dbf. Are there plans to leverage sqlite for the DBMI
> infrastructure?

Markus has suggested this repeatedly
(http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-February/017368.html,
http://www.intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=815&display=History,
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-May/018415.html), but AFAIK no one
has undertaken any concrete steps. I would support the motion, though...

Moritz