[GRASS5] GRASS 6.0.1 release schedule

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 05:13:08 EDT 2005

> >> Fixed by Paul. I have lightly tested; don't know if it has been
> >> applied to the 6.0.x release branch.
>
> It hasn't. I hesitated to do it because it changes the output of
> "g.proj -jf" to make it machine-specific (path to gridshift files
> hard-coded) and someone may be relying on the old behaviour so it may
> not  be a good idea to change it. But when I think about it more, the
> old  behaviour often didn't work so maybe it could be justified to
> merge the  patch.

I wonder if there was a good reason to put in the full path, perhaps it
is more simple to use  ("$GISBASE/etc/nad/%s",nad_file)  instead of
("%s/%s",nad_dir,nad_file) ?

Makes the output non-useful for use outside of GRASS but it certainly
makes it easier to read and the output portable across systems (e.g.
bug reports), especially when your $GISBASE is something long like:
 /home/user/src/grass/grass61-cvs/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu.

Hamish