[GRASS5] GRASS 6.0.1 release schedule

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 09:07:02 EDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Hamish wrote:

> I wonder if there was a good reason to put in the full path, perhaps it
> is more simple to use  ("$GISBASE/etc/nad/%s",nad_file)  instead of
> ("%s/%s",nad_dir,nad_file) ?
>
> Makes the output non-useful for use outside of GRASS but it certainly
> makes it easier to read and the output portable across systems (e.g.
> bug reports), especially when your $GISBASE is something long like:
> /home/user/src/grass/grass61-cvs/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu.

Sounds like a promising idea. Perhaps it is unlikely that the output of
g.proj would be used outside a GRASS session anyway. The only thing I
would worry about is will the GISBASE environment variable always be
expanded or might there be quoting arrangments (currently in use by users)
where it doesn't expand.

Paul