grass bugtracker how-to (was Re: [GRASS5] GRASS 6.0.1 release schedule)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 08:15:18 EDT 2005

> As I'm going to mess with the butracker a little can somebody please
> explain to me once and for all:

(well my best guesses)

> 1. To what addresses does the fresh entry get sent whether it was
> given as  Comment, Reply, Take or Resolve?

only Reply sends out new emails. Please add grass5 to the cc list if
relevant.

> 2. How do I separate email adressess in the CC field? Is
> "x at whatever.com;  z at whatever.org" (without quotation marks) ok?

no idea. Commas usually work.

> 3. What do I do with spam?

Kill it.

Open bug, click "Status", set status to "dead", click "Kill".

Real bugs get closed with "Resolve" for later searches.

> 4. Anything I have to know but forgot to ask.

I've found that these sort of web apps don't like you hitting the back
button in the browser or driving it from multiple tabs. Confuses it.

"Owner" is on a volunteer basis. i.e. don't volunteer anyone else for
the job who hasn't asked for it.

Please make use of the "priority" settings to make it easy to sort the
bug list for the important ones.. 100% is critical, 0% is low priority.

5.4 wishes can be set to archive now I guess, high priority 5.4 bugs
still need to be listed?

good luck & thanks.

Hamish