[GRASS5] r.texture segfault

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 6 09:54:55 EDT 2005

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I have applied below changes (kept PGM_MAXMAXVAL).
>
> Now I get
>
> r.texture in=spot.resc2 -v pref=spot.image size=10 distance=5
> Reading the raster map...done
> ERROR: Too many categories (found: -2147483648, max: 255). Try to rescale
>        or reclassify the map
>
> although using the slightly modified extended test:

The test only validates that the data is usable. It doesn't attempt to
"fix" data which isn't usable.

For r.texture, "usable" means that all cells contain values between 0
and 255 inclusive. No nulls, no negative values, no values >255.

If your data isn't in that range, you need to modify your data.
r.texture can't reasonably do this itself; it can't decide how to
replace invalid cell values (e.g. for a null cell, zero is no more
appropriate as a replacement than any other value).