[GRASS5] free dwf?

Steve Halasz debian at adkgis.org
Sun Jul 10 14:18:19 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 17:52 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> Does anybody know about this news? Seems encouraging, even though the licence
> is probably the usual puzzle.
> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5520675
> pc

I'm not well versed in these things, but this clause may not meet the
Debian Free Software Guidelines:

1.1.1 (a) Use the Licensed Software for development, research, internal,
educational, or commercial purposes;

I think it may discriminate against fields of endeavor not explicitly
listed here. Can a non-profit use it?

I don't know if there's any relationship between DWF and DXF, but I
noticed that DXF import/export is a Google Summer of Code project for
Inkscape (http://inkscape.org/)

Steve