[GRASS5] r3.out.vtk

Soeren Gebbert soeren at pool.math.TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Jul 13 20:45:28 EDT 2005

Dear developers,
i've added z-direction-scaling support for the r3.out.vtk module and
made some simple pictures with paraview and the exported slovakian 3D
GRASS
dataset. New version and pictures are availible at:

http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/

enjoy ;)
(Note: the dataset is twentyfold scaled in z-direction!)

I have also a question to ask:
"Is there a module wich creates cut-planes (as a new grass rastermap) from
3d raster files?"
If not i will try to program such a module - if it is possible, please
correct me if i'm wrong. I also planing to write a module to export normal
rastefiles with
elevation and stuff  to the vtk dataformat. So we are able to visualize
the combination
of raster, image and raster3d files in VTK (vis5D+ is to old to support
and not
in development anymore :( , and VTK alo supports any vectortype you can
imagine ;) ).

Best regards
Soeren Gebbert