[GRASS5] [bug #3438] (grass) Need the file "spearfish57.dm" or any .dm files

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Jul 18 09:38:51 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3438

Subject: Need the file "spearfish57.dm" or any .dm files

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: grass61

My name is Renee Cammarere. I work for a company called Andro Computational Solutions.
I've downloaded the "grass61" software and have been going through the tutorial called "Grass-6-Visual-Tutorial".  I've also downloaded the "spearfish_grass" files so that I could have something to play with in order to learn the software, but I can't seem to get anything to display on the screen when I run the grass software, and load in "spearfish57" from the menu that allows you to "Create New Location", etc.

I installed grass using the CygwinGRASS-CD.  The installation process went well, however, I can't find the file "spearfish57.dm" even though I kept downloading more zip files from the web site hoping to find it.  In the "Grass-6-Visual-Tutorial" it instructs the user:
        "- ... browse in your hard disk and open the file spearfish57.dm inside Tutorial folder. This file can be move outside
this folder"
Unfortunately I can't find that file anywhere in the ZIP files that I downloaded.
The site that I went to in order to download Grass is at http://grass.itc.it/download/index.php

Can you e-mail the file spearfish57.dm, or at least tell me where I can find it?  I would really appreciate it.  I'm not getting very far with this.

Thanks so much!
Renee Cammarere