[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:7635] Re: netCDF import not working

William K woklist at charter.net
Wed Jul 20 10:45:06 EDT 2005

I guess that answers that.  I used gdalinfo on the sample you sent
and that worked.  I didn't get to the point of trying importing it
into GRASS yet, but I expect it will work.

For recompiling GDAL, that's all you would have to do.  It's simple
enough in a default build of everything, assuming you can figure out
all the options someone used for the version you are replacing.  But
when you isolate everything in it's own folder, like Lorenzo does
into '/usr/local/grasslib', it gets a bit messy.

I have build instructions for everything on my web page (coming soon
to the GRASS site).  It's mainly a matter of specifying --with-xxx=
options to point to /usr/local/grasslib stuff.

I've asked Lorenzo a couple times if he would like to cooordinate
building his GRASS using my GIS Libs installers.  I haven't had much
positive response yet.  If you like, you could install my GIS Libs
package (and Graphics Libs) and use that copy of GDAL to translate
the file to TIFF, then import that into GRASS.

On Jul 20, 2005, at 6:56 AM, Jason Horn wrote:

> Well, it would appear that the GDAL that comes with Lorenzo
> Moretti's OSX GRASS is NOT compiled with support for the netCDF
> format.  gdal-config --formats does not list it.  So I guess the
> obvious question is: can someone give me a hint as to how to
> compile GDAL with netCDF support.  Do I have to re-compile all of
> GRASS, or can I just compile the GDAL library?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jason
>

> On Jul 20, 2005, at 4:15 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is your GDAL version *compiled* with netCDF support?
>>
>> gdal-config --formats
>>
>> will tell you. If so, then there is still the problem that the
>> netCDF driver in GDAL is limited (see its documentation):
>>  http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#netCDF
>>
>> In any case it is more a question for the GDAL list.
>>
>> Markus

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin