[GRASS5] PATCH: i.gensig

Daniel Calvelo Aros dcalvelo at minag.gob.pe
Fri Jul 22 16:36:07 EDT 2005

From: Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>
Sent: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:44:30 +0200

> Brad,
>
> I did a quick inspection - looks good to me.
>
> Markus
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 02:23:05PM -0700, Brad Douglas wrote:
> > I need to clean up some old cruft I had not already committed to
> > generate a clean, uncluttered patch for the tempfile issues.
> >
> > Any objections to the attached patch?  Just some benign updates to
> > i.gensig to do with message output and localization.

[...]
> > -    fprintf (stderr, "Calculating class covariance matri%s ...",
S->nsigs==1?"x":"ces");
> > +    G_message(_("Calculating class covariance matri%s ..."),
> > +              S->nsigs==1 ? "x" : "ces");

Please correct these to have two distinct strings in singluar and plural, e.g.

if( S->nsigs == 1 ){
  G_message(_("Calculating class covariance matrix ..."));
}else{
  G_message(_("Calculating class covariance matrices ..."));
}

Because:

1) Not every language has an easy suffix replacement plural/singular handling.
E.g. in spanish you also need to change an article that doesn't exist in english.

2) "x" and "ces" are not being translated.

3) It's not at all obvious in the .po file what "... matri%s" corresponds to.

There are three or four occurences of this trick.

Daniel.