[GRASS5] [bug #3011] (grass) d.mon CELL doesn't work

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Jul 23 09:18:00 EDT 2005

Still present in 6.1.

CELL driver was never ported to 6.1. And there was a discussion about getting
rid of CELL driver for good.

What are your conlusions? Is it really a good idea not to support this
solution anymore? As I understand (never used it), CELL driver lets me dump
the screen content directly into Grass raster, together with the color table,
right?

If so, d.out.png + r.in.gdal (+r.composite in case of over 8 bit image dumps)
is less comfortable and requires an intermediate file. Besides, it will be
hard to obtain an *exact* copy of the over 8-bit colour display with
r.composite, no?

Maciek