[GRASS5] on d.vect.thematic

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Jun 1 02:50:25 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Barton" <michael.barton at asu.edu>
To: "Maciek Sieczka" <werchowyna at epf.pl>; "grass devel"
<grass5 at grass.itc.it>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [GRASS5] on d.vect.thematic

> Maciek,
>
> 1. All the thematic options calculate 'breakpoints' where the color change
> in the thematic map: at a set of regular intervals (the number of
> intervals
> defined by the user)
>, 2 standard deviation units around the mean, quartiles,
> and custom. The custom option just lets you define manually where the
> color
> changes rather than having it determined by an algorithm (as it is for
> other
> 3 options).

Thanks for explaining this. Could it be elaborated similarly in the manual
(and include a note you are talking about options "themecalc" and "nint").

> 2. You can put values into the GRASSRGB column for all vector types.
> Currently d.vect only displays colors in this column for areas. According
> Hamish, this is being extended to lines and points.

Great, now I see. But manual says "Thematic colors can be uploaded to a
GRASSRGB column for later display (areas only) ...". This made me think it's
due to d.vect.thematic itself. I think this sentence should be changed to
avoid such missinformation.

Thanks
Maciek