[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3323] (grass) r.le.setup does not work properly

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Jun 6 10:47:31 EDT 2005

Hello Jachym,

thanks for this information. I tested r.fragstats and it looks very promising.

A few questions: I did not receive an output image with the corresponding IDs
(how is it called by the way). Would it be possible to convert the image into
a vector and add all these informations in the *.txt files to this vector.
Then it would be possible to map the different patch attributes and query it
inside GRASS.

I will need some time to get familiar with the fragstats naming
convention/features etc. and become experienced with these additional
features inside GRASS then I can do some testing or whatever help is needed.

BTW: I found a few error messages after executing r.fragstats (see below),
they might be interesting for you.

cheers, Martin

r.fragstats input=test_sub output=frag_test bound_wght=0.0 -i

                            FRAGSTATS 2.0
         PROGRAM TO CALCULATE LANDSCAPE FRAGMENTATION INDICES

Processing image: glc00.1_sub
 rows: 97
Interior Background Value: 999
Exterior Background Value: -999

... landscape does not contain background
maxclasses: 14 rows:

Class     0:       545 cells,        1 patches
Class     1:      6262 cells,       42 patches
Class     2:      1453 cells,       38 patches
Class     7:      5153 cells,       26 patches
Class    10:        26 cells,        5 patches
Class    13:       141 cells,        4 patches

number of classes: 6
max patches/class: 42
max patch size: 3403

class: 0
class: 1
class: 2
class: 7
class: 10
/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/scripts/r.fragstats: line 160:  6342 Segmentation
fault      fragstats $GIS_OPT_input $GIS_OPT_output $ $ 7 $ $ $background
$max_classes $wt_file $id_image $desc_file $bound_wght $diags $prox_dist
$nndist $patch_stats $class_stats

Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center