[GRASS5] Re: [GRASS-CVS] brad: grass6/lib/image

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Jun 11 20:25:14 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 16:25 +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > Can I replace i_seterror() and associated functions with
> > G_set_error_routine()?
> >

> Probably (hopefully) yes: AFAIK the image is very old and was
> not updated when the G_*() functions were implemented.

I suppose the real question is: Do we want to make the various libraries
in lib dependent upon lib/gis or should they be as independent as
possible?

Rewriting the lib/image error routines are simple enough, so either way
works for me.

> But I am not very familiar with it. The lib/ogsf/ is making use
> of lib/image, so subsequent (few) changes there may be required.

AFAIK, lib/ogsf is the only usage of lib/image.  The biggest reason I
started working on lib/image was to allow lib/ogsf to compile without
explicitly adding -fPIC to compiler flags.

PS -
Oddly, lib/image has been kinda fun to work with.  Reminiscent of
writing video card kernel drivers and I learned the header format of a
SGI IRIS images.

--
Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com>