[GRASS5] running grass on macosx

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jun 20 10:08:48 EDT 2005

My site serves as a mirror of Lorenzo's when the connections to Europe are
slow. However, he has the newest binaries always. They should install in a
minute or two. There is no need to compile.

I'm in Europe currently, so I don't get the site  updated as often as
Lorenzo does. However, I just put up the most recent binary package
(18-June-2005).

I've kept a series of earlier ones archived because of a problem with
v.in.ascii that has been reported. I  don't know if it is fixed in the
current build or not.

Michael

On 6/20/05 10:03 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ..
> ..
>>>
>>> Is there a need to compile it? Lorenzo's binaries are brilliant.
> ..
>> no i just gave compiling a try after the binaries didn't work
>> out...how  do i tell if they are lorenzos or whatever?  i got them
>> here:http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/grass_osx/
>
> That is a mirror of Lorenzo's site:
>   http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/
>
> Did you use the library installer that came with the GRASS 6 app from
> Lorenzo's and did it work? Copy the app to /Applications, not just run it
> from the package window? Did you install Lorenzo's Tiger patch needed for
> his 6.0.0 release?
>

> Hamish

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University