[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3023] (grass) r.fillnulls doesn't work

William K woklist at charter.net
Wed Mar 2 10:05:17 EST 2005

Hm, I've been half-paying attention to this, but I have a possible
solution to this.  A while back I modified the r.fillnulls because I
wanted more than 1 cell buffer and to add a couple options to control
the v.surf.rst.  I had trouble with the way it was done then (can't
remember the details) and switched to using r.grow.  It becomes simpler
since you don't need to think about how big a cell is, or in this case
how the decimal is represented, and it only needs 1 temp raster.  That
whole block to generate the MASK condenses down to 2 lines:

r.mapcalc $TMP1="if(isnull($GIS_OPT_input),1,null())"
r.grow input=$TMP1 output=MASK rad=1

hope this helps.

On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:24 PM, Hamish wrote:

> ..
>>> what do you get if you type this at a command prompt:
>>>
>>> echo "0.3 0.3" | awk '{printf "%.8f\n", ($1 + $2)}'
>>> 00000000 or 0.60000000 ?
>>
>> Neither:
>>
>> GRASS 6.0.cvs:~ > echo "0.3 0.3" | awk '{printf "%.8f\n", ($1 + $2)}'
>> 0,00000000
>>
>> "," instead of "." - would that be the issue? I Poland, in opposite to
>> the  normal world, we use the coma as the decimal point deliminator.
>> Does  r.fillnulls rely on local system settings?
>

> Yes, that's the problem.
>
> I think awk might have troubles too. does this give "0,6":
> echo "0,3 0,3" | awk '{printf "%.8f\n", ($1 + $2)}'
> ?
>

> We can't assume "bc" or "dc" are installed, but come to think of it we
> are using an arbitrary buffer distance here anyway so it doesn't really
> matter if we are +/- 1m. I've just applied a fix in CVS removing the
> above "awk" step. please test.
>

> Hamish

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro