bug tracking: areas (was: [GRASS5] bugs)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 16:24:27 EST 2005

> One question: are we going to keep the two grass versions side by side
> for  long? This of course makes bug tracking (among other things) much
> more  complicated, as our emails show.

Well, 5.4 is still officially the "stable" version. After 6.0 I think
people will lose interest in 5.4 pretty quickly, but certainly lots of
people still use 5.4 and need support. Could take a year or more for
all users to transition..

I have just updated the main bug report page to use the new targets:

 grass 5.7 or 6 bugs:   grass6
 grass 5.4 bugs:        grass5.4
 wishes for grass 6.1:  wish6

so all new bug reports will get filed in the right place.

Hopefully this will help to keep the bug system a little cleaner for any
new bugs.

Hamish