[GRASS5] Angle of incidence in viewshed/line of sight

benducke at compuserve.de benducke at compuserve.de
Tue Mar 8 04:28:34 EST 2005

Well, I have done some experimenting installing binaries
on different systems
and found that it works better than I expected.
Most Linux distributions in use today are pretty compatible
regarding basic system libs and since newer version of those
libs are usually backward copatible, one could compile
a version on an older system and newer once should be able
to run it.
I expect even less trouble from MacOS and Windows;
cross-compilers for these plattforms seem to be available
for Linux.
Basically, once the final GRASS 6 gets out, it should
be possible to provide binaries of add-on C modules,
that can just be copied into /usr/local/grass/bin or
wherever the user installed to.

I am still working on getting things to compile from
source outside the GRASS source tree.
For this to work, I have to re-arrange a lot of my source
code. Since I have been busy with other coding these
last weeks, there is no progress here, but it is the
next thing I am going to look into.

Regards,

Benjamin.