[GRASS5] [bug #3071] (grass) nviz: finer height panel step needed

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Mon Mar 7 19:16:04 EST 2005

Hi,

With a height range of 300-1600m you may need to try a smaller number.
For example try entering 0.01 or even 0.001 and see what happens.

The initial resolution is set in widgets.tcl (nviz/scripts) and is set
by the (max-min)/140. You could try increasing the 140 to get a tighter
increment. Remember that the max/min is not the max/min from your raster
, but rather the max/min created at load time. This will always lie
outside of the data z extents. To check the initial max. min. slide the
height scale to the top and bottom respectively. The resolution should
be the difference of these two values divided by 140.

Probably what we need is a more dynamic resolution setting.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Covill