[GRASS5] Angle of incidence in viewshed/line of sight

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 8 11:44:01 EST 2005

> From: Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no>
> Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:03:49 +0100 (CET)
> To: Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk>
> Cc: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>, Benjamin Ducke
> <benducke at compuserve.de>, <grass5 at grass.itc.it>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS5] Angle of incidence in viewshed/line of sight
>
> libgrass_*.so files. Are we anticipating that a user will compile an added
> module locally even though the GRASS install was binary? Is the compile

This would be the ideal. Most users don't want to have to compile grass in
order to install it. This means (currently) that they cannot add any new
modules. While we could say, 'too bad'. It would be nice to develop a 'plug
in' architecture that would let more users expand GRASS to better fit their
needs. I suspect that it would also encourage more people to develop and
distribute more modules to expand GRASS--if they knew that more people could
use them.

Michael

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402