[GRASS5] [bug #3090] (grass) v.digit wishes

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Mar 14 03:49:28 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3090

Subject: v.digit wishes

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Dear list,

since I often use v.digit I would like to propose some wishes which might improve the module and make it even more attractive.

1) Visualization fo snapping radius.

Would it be possible to visualize the snapping radius to recognize wether snapping will work or not- without the need to use trial-and-error method.

2) Snapping to lines

it would be usefull to be able to snap to lines to. The line would have to be splitted there.

3) Snap to vetices and nodes.

As far as I can see, it is possible to snap to nodes and vertices while digitizing lines. For areas only snapping to nodes is supported. I see, this probably has topological reasons, but would it be possible to change this? I guess vertices would have to become nodes?

4) virtually snapping to a background map.

Sometimes it is useful to be able to virtually snap to vector layers in the background - e.g. to be able to exactly overlay my digitized map with political boundaries, ...  when printing a map.

maybe some of these proposals are of interest and will be implemented in a following version.

 thanks a lot
  Otto