[GRASS5] How to merge attribute files after v.patch?

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 16 07:51:42 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have geometry stored in shape files (linked in with v.external), and attribute files stored in dbf files.

I can combine two shape files into one with v.patch -- but v.patch doesn't do anything with the dbf attributes.  So I'm looking for a good way to combine the attribute files after performing v.patch.

I tried INSERT INTO usxxxxst (SELECT * from akxxxxst), but it doesn't look like support for this type of operation exists in GRASS SQL yet.

Can anyone suggest an easy utility (GRASS or otherwise) that can append the contents of one dbf file into another?

Thanks in advance,
Allan