[GRASS5] [bug #3124] (grass) impossible to remove imported vector file

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Mar 29 11:58:31 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3124

Subject: impossible to remove imported vector file

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

I am using GRASS CVS downloaded and compiled March 22.
In a transition from GRASS5.3 to GRASS6 I have converted quite a few files from old to new vector format using v.convert. Some work without any problems, but for some files, I cannot display them, but what is even worse, I cannot remove them. It would be great to get at least the possibility to remove the file before the next release. If I am just missing something, please let me know,

Helena

g.remove vect=wetlandcheckd1
REMOVE [wetlandcheckd1]
ERROR: Cannot open old vector wetlandcheckd1 at wrricc on level 1

v.convert wetlandcheckd at cenntenial_hm out=wetlandcheckd1
Reading dig file...
Input file is version 4.
Input file is portable.
0 points read to memory
5 lines read to memory
0 area boundaries read and written to output
0 dead points skipped
0 dead lines skipped
0 dead area boundaries skipped
0 elements of unknown type skipped
5 elements read to memory.
Reading dig_att file...
0 point categories read
0 line categories read
0 centroids read
0 dead point categories skipped
0 dead line categories skipped
0 dead centroids skipped
0 categories of unknown type skipped
0 categories read into memory.
Attaching categories...
Writing new file...
5 points and lines written to output file.
0 centroids written to output file.
No category labels (dig_cats) found, no table created.
Building topology ...
5 primitives registered
Building areas:  100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids:  100%
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   6
Number of primitives:   5
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   5
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0
GRASS 6.0.cvs (wakestate):~ > d.vect wetlandcheckd1 co=blue
ERROR: Cannot open old vector wetlandcheckd1 at wrricc on level 0