[GRASS5] moving map application

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 20:00:38 EDT 2005

I wrote:
>> see:
>>  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2004-February/024763.html

I should add that GRASS really isn't designed to do anything like this
and it will never be much more than a hack.

There is software that is designed to do this though:
  (blatant cut&paste from the gpsd homepage)

 http://www.gpsdrive.cc/
 http://www.kismetwireless.net/
 http://www.pygps.org/
 http://qpegps.sourceforge.net/
 http://roadmap.digitalomaha.net/index.html

You could probably output GeoTIFFs and shapefiles from GRASS to use as
backdrops in these softwares and get much better results with less pain.

Hamish