[GRASS5] installer for GRASS libs

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon May 9 09:57:24 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 15:32 +0200, benducke at compuserve.de wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am still working on the GEM installer program and need
> some help regarding installation of externally compiled
> libraries for GRASS 6:
>
> which of the GRASS Makefiles is responsible for copying include
> files into place? Where do I have to place include files so
> they will get copied to /usr/local/grass-6.0.0/include when
> doing "make install"? Does the make system also recursively copy
> directories with contents or just *.h files in the top level.

the 'configure' script is used to create:
 - include/Make/Grass.make
 - include/Make/Platform.make
 - include/version.h
 - include/winname.h

The toplevel Makefile is responsible for copying headers into place (in
fact, it is responsible for installation of all files).

If you scroll down to the 'install:' section of Makefile you will see
that various directories are tarballed and extracted into the
installation directory.  And yes, they are tarred recursively.

--
Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com>