[GRASS5] installer for GRASS libs

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 9 10:11:40 EDT 2005

benducke at compuserve.de wrote:

> I am still working on the GEM installer program and need
> some help regarding installation of externally compiled
> libraries for GRASS 6:
>
> which of the GRASS Makefiles is responsible for copying include
> files into place?

The "headers" target in lib/Makefile copies them into
dist.<arch>/include. The "real-install" target in the top-level
Makefile copies everything under dist.<arch> into the final location.

> Where do I have to place include files so
> they will get copied to /usr/local/grass-6.0.0/include when
> doing "make install"?

The "headers" target in lib/Makefile copies:

	FROM			TO
	include/*.h		dist.<arch>/include
	include/*.h		dist.<arch>/include/grass
	include/vect/*.h	dist.<arch>/include/vect
	include/vect/*.h	dist.<arch>/include/grass/vect

The "real-install" target in the top-level Makefile copies the entire
tree under dist.<arch>/include to the final location.

> Does the make system also recursively copy directories with contents
> or just *.h files in the top level.

The first stage only copies *.h and vect/*.h to the dist.<arch>
directory; "make install" copies the entire tree.