[GRASS5] New thematic mapper for GRASS 6

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu May 12 05:21:45 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 12:17:37PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:

> I'm glad it works. Let me know if you discover that I DO need to add this
> patch.

As I already said, awk uses LOCALE settings, which can be confusing for the
people, who are working with national locales...

I send you two patches (for v.univar.sh and d.vect.thematic), both of them set
the env. variable LC_NUMERIC to "C", so awk will work properly independed of
what locale is set on the computer, where the script is run

> If you could tweak d.legend to include vectors it would be GREAT.  I could
> include a button to draw a legend in the script.
>
> Michael

Well, I was thinking about to write a new module... But the longer I thing
about it, the more thing I, that d.vect.leg & d.vect.thematic should be one
module in C with the flag -l (show legend).

OR color values used by d.vect.thematic should be saved in GRASS database...,
why do raster files have their $MAPSET/colr/file and vector files do not
(historical reasons, I know)? It
would be the simplest way of how to solve it...

new or modifed modules musted be written:

v.colors (based on d.vect.thematic)
d.vect   (should take the color frome the colorfile)
d.legend -v (should make the legend)

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky