[Fwd: RE: [GRASS5] GRASS 6 automatic start]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 20 10:19:01 EDT 2005

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: RE: [GRASS5] GRASS 6 automatic start
From:    "Ricardo Armas" <rgoncalves at criticalsoftware.com>
Date:    Fri, May 20, 2005 16:15
To:      mlennert at club.worldonline.be

Hello.

I'm a new GRASS user.
I'm trying to develop a system in which GRASS has to start automatically
trough a script. Usually, it does not start at the first attempt, even when I
try to run it manually. I wait for some minutes but it does not start. I have
to run it again and again until it starts. I tried to install it in a
different computer but the same is happening.

Thanks and regards,
Ricardo

> I have some problems with GRASS 6. Sometimes, even after a couple of
tries,
> GRASS does not start.

I you want us to help you, you have to tell us a bit more:

- How are you starting GRASS?

Running grass60.bat

- What exactly happens? Do you get any error messages?

I have to run grass60.bat for several times until it starts. No, I don't have
any error message

- What OS are you using (GNU/Linux, MacOSX, etc)?

Windows NT

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged
material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a
named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or
otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and
notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard
copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.