[GRASS5] Nviz fails on cygwin windows binaries

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed May 25 03:11:05 EDT 2005

I just helped a colleague install GRASS for Windows and Cygwin from Huidae
Cho¹s great web page. I reported a problem with setting GRASS to gui mode
previously.

We tried nviz today. It brings up a blank window, then locks up the entire
tcltk GIS Manager interface. We could only get out of it by quitting GRASS
from the command line. I remember some recent posts about nviz problems
under cygwin, but thought that it was fixed.

Do we need newer binaries, or is this still a problem?

Thanks
Michael
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University