[GRASS5] viewing map attribute table

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed May 25 04:38:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

Another missing feature in GRASS is the capacity to easily view the map
attribute table. The current option is 'db.select TableName', but the output
is not very beautiful and is difficult to browse.

I think this feature would be useful in connection with the other attribute
management modules I just sent.

Does anyone have an idea how to create a nicer and browsable display of an
attribute table in the tcltk interface ? I guess the easiest would be to pipe
the db.select results into awk for formatting and then open a new tcltk window
which displays the results.

Moritz