[GRASS5] rename d.paint.labels to d.labels

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 00:22:59 EST 2005

> > I'd like to rename the d.paint.labels modules to d.labels. [p.*] no
> > longer exists anywhere else and it's confusing.
..
> >  change the module's build name in the Makefile,
> >  but how to make a symlink to old d.paint.labels in the Makefile to
> >   keep backward compatibility? man pages too?
..
> You must think about backwards compatibility because
> d.paint.labels can be used in scripts (e.g. png driver).

Ok Makefile updated to change name, made a symbolic link to the old name
for the life of GRASS 6.x, changed links man pages, d.m etc.

The man page for the GRASS 5 version of d.labels already talked about
d.paint.labels getting merged into it which is a plus. Now we just have
to merge the interactive editing of 5.3's d.label+d.labels into a new
module called d.labels.edit.

Hamish