[GRASS5] [bug #3804] (grass) Can't start GUI and monitors

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Nov 5 13:40:41 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3804

Subject: Can't start GUI and monitors

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 6.0.0

Hello!
I downloaded GRASS 6.0.0 last week, but when I give the command d.mon start=x0 it answers "no socket to connect for monitor x0", it doesn't open GUI answering "no display name and no $DISPLAy environment variable" and a list of steps in programming language. I can use only the "blackboard"!
I followed all the steps indicated in the binary without problems.
Is it a Cygwin problem? Is there an alternative program I can set?
Thank you
Anne Ghisla