[GRASS5] zoom and pan in v.digit (was raster map file format)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 00:40:08 EST 2005

> > Zoom is very useful in digitizing--for checking snapping, following
> > fine features and shifting back to outline areas, etc.
> > However, it should not change the display region and it should not
> > cause crashes.
>
> Absolutely, that's what I meant. I just want zooming not to change the
> initial region resolution, like you. While I find it handy, that the
> region extents change along with panning in v.digit.

It's not hard to do, in the C code just save the region settings to a
Cell_head struct at startup [G_get_window()] and restore to those on
exit [G_put_window()]. Need to call d.erase or C equiv. at exit then.

see lib/gis/*_window.c  for G_get_window(), G_set_window(),
G_put_window() and friends.

That is if v.digit's zoom.c really needs to be using G_put_window() at
all? (G_set.. is local to the module, G_put.. writes to the WIND file)

File a wish if there isn't already one there for it.

Hamish