[GRASS5] [bug #3812] (grass) problems with r.flow

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Nov 7 16:33:37 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3812

Subject: problems with r.flow

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 6.1 CVS oct 25

Isaac Ullah, ASU SHESC Mediterranean Landscape Dynamics Project

I have just had serious problems with r.flow. Firstly, when selected from the display manager, r.flow does not run. Instead an error is reported in the terminal window "ERROR: Required parameter <elevin> not set:
    (Input elevation file)." folowed by the list of parameters that you can use in r.flow...

The module comes up when r.flow is run from the terminal, but dies when run. Basically, it tells me that it has loaded the elevation file I tolsd it to and that it is about to start, and then it says "working...". When I look in the system monitor, it tells me that r.flow is not an active process, but instead lists it as a "zombie". I though that it may be that I was trying it with too large an area for the resolution (10m), so I tried zooming in to a much smaller area and re-running it. It then told me "ERROR: r.flow: elevation file's resolution differs from current region resolution". I then double check this, and the current resolution was the same as for the original dem. I then used map calc to clip a zoomed area, and while I no longer got the resolution error, r.flow once again became a zombie.

This seems to be a new problem with r.flow because I used it extensively about a month ago, but have since updated my version of the CVS several times since