[GRASS5] v.buffer now does v.bubble

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 07:53:41 EST 2005

Hi,

v.buffer now can do dynamic buffer sizes with values taken from an
attribute column and scale factor. Probably buggy so please test/fix.

As previously, overlapping circle boundaries are disolved into one
cohesive blob, with boundary cat number changing as you go around the
edge to refer to the closest source cat.

works for all supported vector feature types.

previously you had to use 'd.vect.chart ctype=pie' or ps.map::vpoints::
sizecol or a mad v.buffer+v.patch script.

I wouldn't mind renaming the "bufcol" option something else if someone
can think of something better. I don't want it to collide with buffer=
in the parser (I don't mind typing buff=100, but buffer=100 would be
annoying to type every time if the first 6 letters were not unique).

enjoy,
Hamish