[GRASS5] importing .e00 files

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 9 12:42:20 EST 2005

I saw that right away, just didn't think to mention it.  And I got
distracted from building the avce00 stuff.

But, when I got to the e00compr program, I noticed that the byte
order isn't specified in the makefile.  Since e00compr and avce00
both use the CPL stuff, I suggest you add -DCPL_MSB to the e00compr
CFLAGS also.

On Nov 9, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their suggestions on getting .e00 files
> imported. Here is the solution. I wanted to get it into the dev
> archives for others.
>
> It turns out to be a Mac issue (big vs. little edian). avcimport's
> default build is to use the switch DCPL_LSB byte ordering. On a Mac
> (at least a G5 Mac) the byte order switch needs to be MSB (just
> like a Sun). Here is the bit of code in the GNUMakefile.
>
> #  Byte ordering ... default is Intel ordering (CPL_LSB),
> #  Select CPL_MSB for SUNs or other platforms with MSB first ordering.
> #
> BYTE_ORDER_FL = -DCPL_MSB
> #BYTE_ORDER_FL = -DCPL_LSB
>
> WIth that change (and re-building avcimport of course), the
> v.in.e00 script runs just fine.
>
> Kirk

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro