[GRASS5] GRASS for Windows

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:52:32 EST 2005

Heureka, kvetina place,

it is now possible to compile CVS HEAD GRASS 6 for Windows
on Linux using MinGW cross compiler. It is realy funny to run GRASS
modules from cmd.exe:

  http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/cmd.exe.1.png

Here are step by step instructions:

  http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/INSTALL

There is no user interface and not all modules compile/run,
the work is in progress. Vector modules from CVS do not compile
but with few changes I was able to compile and run also vectors but
without attributes (missing fork()).

This is possible thanks to previous work done by Roger Bivand
and Mike Thomas (others?) and all developers insisting
on ANSI C etc., especially Glynn Clements.

The recent work done by Javier Yebrin is not yet included and
I am going to include it into CVS in next days.

I hope that other developers will join the effort.

Radim