[GRASS5] GRASS for Windows

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Nov 10 03:29:05 EST 2005

Hello Radim,

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:52:32 +0100 Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Heureka, kvetina place,
>
> it is now possible to compile CVS HEAD GRASS 6 for Windows
> on Linux using MinGW cross compiler. It is realy funny to run GRASS
> modules from cmd.exe:
>
>   http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/cmd.exe.1.png
>
> Here are step by step instructions:
>
>   http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/INSTALL
>
> There is no user interface and not all modules compile/run,
> the work is in progress. Vector modules from CVS do not compile
> but with few changes I was able to compile and run also vectors but
> without attributes (missing fork()).
>
> This is possible thanks to previous work done by Roger Bivand
> and Mike Thomas (others?) and all developers insisting
> on ANSI C etc., especially Glynn Clements.
>
> The recent work done by Javier Yebrin is not yet included and
> I am going to include it into CVS in next days.
>
> I hope that other developers will join the effort.

This is great news! Thanks for noticing the community about that
improvement.

Keep up the good work!

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508