[GRASS5] [bug #3826] (grass) two r.resamp.rst issues

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 13 17:30:23 EST 2005

Perhaps we misunderstand each other, or maybe it works for you.

The whole point of the module is to change the resolution of the raster map.
In my recent experience (I've tried it on a Mac and on Fedora Core 4), this
doesn't seem to work, regardless of the region settings when you run the
module. It changes the resolution, but it seems to have the effect of simply
making more grid cells without correctly interpolating between them. For
example, going from a 30m resolution DEM to a 15m resolution using
r.resamp.rst seems to produce 4 15m cells within the area of an original 30m
cell, but each of the 15m cells has the same resolution as the original
cell. This is not how it should work.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402