[GRASS5] some comments on your proposal

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Nov 14 09:04:14 EST 2005

Hi Michael,

Here are some comments on your GUI proposal:

> Display "commands" should be integrated into display control
> interface; there would be no separate d.* command modules

I don't agree with this. The GUI should remain an option, not an
obligation. So there still should be the possibility to use d.* or
equivalent commands.

The command line is not only about scripting or about automatic mapping,
but also about some people simply preferring to use it instead of a GUI.

> Do we need a separate menu for help or can it go into configure or
> something like that?

I would plead for a seperate menu.

> There should be integrated WYSIWYG printing to multiple devices from
> the GUI

Although I agree that there is a demand for easier printing, I am not
sure that lots of efforts should go into that issue. Nice layout and
printing can be done with programs made specially for that...

For the rest, nothing much to say.

Moritz