[GRASS5] Re: GRASS GUI and Qt

Māris Nartišs maris.gis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:36:25 EST 2005

Hi,

IMHO keeping GRASS as GUI-less engine and having QGIS as GRASS GUI is
not a bad idea, but what will say qgis developers/users on this - they
app will become a frontend to grass. If we head this way, qgis
developers alsou shuld be invited to this discussion.

And if we talk about fragmentation of OS. I cannot understand why we
have a lots of OS GIS related apps that can do some things and in some
areas fail but we havent one killer app. Having 3 or more flavors of
GRASS GUI is same => at the end ESRI wins.

just my 2c to flamefest.
Maris.