[GRASS5] GRASS GUI

Joel Peter William Pitt pittj2 at lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Nov 15 16:27:56 EST 2005

Regarding widget toolkits:

I think wxWindows (wxwindows.org) is the way to go. Then it can by built
natively for OSX, MS windows, GTK, etc.
I've always been cautious about Qt because of licensing issues on MS
windows, but I hear that Qt4 will resolve this.

Regarding comments on interface: One thing that I would love to see is a
specific GRASS shell, so when I'm typing in map parameters to a command
I can use autocompletion. In the same manner that bash allows you to
complete directories and filenames with tab, or shows you a list of
possible alternatives if more than one completion exists.

The only way I use d.m right now is to organise the order of displaying
of maps. Is there any command-line way to get the list of commands to
reproduce the current display?

Joel

--
Joel Pitt, Room B534