[GRASS5] GRASS GUI

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Nov 15 16:59:27 EST 2005

On 11/15/2005 11:27 PM, Joel Peter William Pitt wrote:

> Regarding comments on interface: One thing that I would love to see is a
> specific GRASS shell, so when I'm typing in map parameters to a command
> I can use autocompletion. In the same manner that bash allows you to
> complete directories and filenames with tab, or shows you a list of
> possible alternatives if more than one completion exists.

The cool thing about using your own shell is that you have the same
aliases etc. And most modern shells support autocompletion
configuration. I know bash and tcsh atleas does it. On windows, if the
shell is cmd, then defenately I think that a grass shell would be
better. If we are going to develop a grass shell, then I'm defenately
interested in doing it (:

Check out http://www.sorokine.info/grass-complete/ for bash and tcsh
completion. I haven't tried it yet, but I suppose it will work (;

> The only way I use d.m right now is to organise the order of displaying
> of maps. Is there any command-line way to get the list of commands to
> reproduce the current display?

Mee too. I'd also like to know this (:

--Wolf

--

      |Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
(o< --|Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
//\   |All the king's horses and all the king's men
V_/_  |Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Wolf Bergenheim