[GRASS5] Suggestions for gui discussion

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Nov 16 01:35:59 EST 2005

Wolf,

I agree that the old interactive xterm interface (including i.points,
d.zoom, and others) needs to be updated. These interactive, mouse intensive
activities would probably benefit most by a new, better integrated GUI.

I'm a little puzzled by your wish for functionality, however. Currently,
GRASS (i.points) does open a pair of side-by-side windows that zoom and pan
synchronously, and permit you to click on the map to be georeferenced in one
window and a corresponding georeferenced point in the other. Alternatively,
you can enter the coordinates for a point to be georeferenced. It also
allows you to check the accuracy of your georeferencing and manage the GCP's
that you use to some degree.

Maybe because your (Cygwin?) system drags so much because of the mouse
polling bug, you've never gotten that far in i.points?

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213