[GRASS5] Problems about v.surf.idw

Muzaffer Ayvaz muzafferayvaz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 12:09:26 EST 2005

Hi;

  I have some problems about the v.surf.idw.

 First of all, I couldnt understand why the distances calculated without using sqrt. I mean;

 list[i].dist = dy*dy + dx*dx

 why this is not:

 list[i].dist = sqrt(dy*dy+dx*dx) in the functions calculate_distances and
calculate_distances_noindex.

 The second problem and the last for now is that:

 in main code;

 nsearch = npoints < seacrh_points ? npoints : seacrh_points

 and search_points is defined 12 globally. So, nseach can nat be bigger
than 12. But again in the functions calculate_distances and
calculate_distances_noindex there are two for loops:

 one is ;

 for(i=0;i<nsearch;i++){
 ..
 }
 the other;

 /* go thru rest of the points now */
 for(;i<npoints;i++){
 ..
 }
 What is the rest?? nsearch is either equal to npoints or bigger than npoints.

Yours respectfully

  Muzaffer Ayvaz
  Istanbul Technical University