[GRASS5] re: Grass GUI

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 02:25:12 EST 2005

> There are 3D graphics libraries available like VTK, OpenDX can
> they not be used. What does NVIZ use is it totally based on OpenGL?

NVIZ is pretty much SGI GL rewritten in OpenGL (I think, others may
correct). Thus it depends on nothing fancy.

see the new r.out.vtk, r3.out.vtk modules if you want to export GRASS
maps to VTK based programs. (search the mailing lists for posts by
Soeren Gebbert, I'm not sure if everything is up to date in CVS yet)

see also *.out.pov, and r3.out.v5d for POVray and v5D exports.

We can't be everything today, but it is nice to be able to export to
other imaging software easily and without shame.. so thanks to Soeren
et al. for making this possible.

Hamish