[GRASS5] debian control

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Oct 2 11:25:57 EDT 2005

Hi all.
After some experimenting, I found that the procedure to build a debian package
from grass cvs is quite simple:
- update from cvs the usual way
- su
dpkg-buildpackage
The only problems I find are:
- during cvs update some files are conflicting (as a result of previous
compilations); it seems necessary to delete them for a successful compilation
- I get the error
reverting patch htmlgen-fakeroot from ./ ... failed.
 make: *** [unpatch] Error 1
This disappears if I delete the debian/ directory and rerun the process.
Hope this helps smoothing things further (they're now just little annoyances,
but it can take a while to sort them out the first time).
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini
cavallini at faunalia.it   cavallini at jabber.org www.faunalia.it