[GRASS5] Re: d.m background color

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 20:37:08 EDT 2005

> >  the labels.tcl button needs the new -i flag added.
> >  for me the mouse-over ToolTips font is Huge.
>
> I didn't mess with this, so I don't know why it is so big on your
> system. It looks fine on mine.

Maybe it is just my system. Better that it looks good on all Macs than
my custom linux setup anyhow.

> >  fixed the intro.gif.. got corrupted again.
>
> Thanks. I didn't mess with this, so I don't know why it's a problem.
> Weird.

I think this got broken a long time ago and was only fixed in the 6.0
release branch, not CVS-HEAD.

> >  FreeType icon could use a graphics designer.
>
> If you can find one, give them a go at ALL the icons. ;-) I'm not much
> of an artist in the first place. And trying to make something look
> good in 16x16 pixels...

The main reason I mentioned that icon was a) the button is for making
the fonts look much better and the icon doesn't relfect this; b) as it
is the letters "FT" don't mean much, especially for the international
crowd. Maybe a fancy Gothic font or something so even if you don't get
the acronym you can figure out what it does. Sounds like a job for the
GIMP...

Why only 16x16? The "Digitize Map" and redraw icons are bigger that
that.  24x24?

[meanwhile, in another email]
> To keep the GIS Manager command output xterm visually distinct from
> the main GRASS xterm (and any other xterm), I've given it a
> descriptive window name, colored it in the new GIS Manager color that
> Hamish suggested, made it a bit smaller, and placed it in the upper
> right hand corner.

Wherever possible, try not to hardcode in that sort of setting; pull it
from the d.m.tcl or elsewhere. It makes future maintenance that much
eaiser. e.g. At some point we may find that staring at Honeydew2 for too
long makes us all slighly queasy.

Hamish