[GRASS5] QGIS GRASS Shell (hell)

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:59:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

I added shell to GRASS tools in QGIS:
http://mpa.itc.it/radim/qgis/shell1.png

It is very simple pseudoterminal implementing limited
subset of VT100 control characters and sequences.
There is no support for pseudoterminal in Qt, so it starts
in C: seteuid, openpty, fork, execl, fchown, fchmod, etc.
which certainly appreciate all Qt/OOP/C++ fans.
openpty is in libutil (on Linux), so I added check to configure
and ifdef in code for openpty. Other functions should be POSIX.

It does not support vertical moving => impossible to run programs
printing on the whole screen like  mc, top etc.

It is very probable that you will find some problems with your
shell/distro/settings combination, please report important unsupported
control sequences.
I am not sure if we can get working without problems in all enviroments,
note that konsole has 19000 lines and I don't want to reimplement/include it.

Links: http://vt100.net/docs/vt100-ug/

Tom, could you find the openpty on Mac and try to compile?

Radim