[GRASS5] Swig interface for Grass

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Oct 22 09:13:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have uploaded the SWIG/PERL interface from
Ari Jolma to 6.1-CVS at

swig/perl/

The idea is to make GRASS *modules* accessible from
outside.

I would like to receive assistance for the following
(small) problems:
- the file swig/perl/Makefile.PL contains the path to GRASS source
  code hardcoded
- if GRASS was configured with --with-nls, the glocale.h isn't
  found

Unfortunately I am not familiar with PERL Makefiles, so
please someone may fix this in CVS.

As example the 'r.slope.aspect' module is implemented.
The GRASS libs have to be present in /usr/[local/]lib/ such
as for the GRASS-GDAL-ORG plugin.

Thanks to Ari for his efforts! I hope that this interface
will be extended by GRASS developers...

 Markus

PS: see also this thread:
 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-August/thread.html#19435